What are we doing?
- Refurbishing the church building.
- Asbestos on roof girders is the immediate issue – we’re encapsulating it to make sure it’s safe.
- But a huge opportunity too… A new ceiling for the church sanctuary, new lights, windows and insulation, and a new roof for the hall and corridor will make the church warmer, greener and more welcoming.
How much will it cost?
How are we going to raise that?
- We have already raised over £130,000 from grants, donations & rebate from parish share and reserves.
- Grants from trusts – applications in the pipeline.
- The backbone of our fundraising will be small, regular donations over 2-3 years.
- Will you stand with us by supporting this project financially?
- (By the way, please hear that we are so grateful for what you are already giving towards the church’s work. Thank you so much!)
- You can contribute by standing order, by electronic transfer or by cheque.
- If you need a standing order form, please contact Karin Satchwell.
- Please make it clear that you’re contributing to the refurbishment fund, rather than to general church funds. (So, on a standing order or electronic transfer, please include the letters RF and your surname. If you’re contributing by cheque, please attach a note, saying it’s for the refurbishment fund, or write it on the envelope.)
- If you haven’t filled in a gift aid form for the church, please do. It costs you absolutely nothing but allows the church to claim back 25p of tax for every £1 you donate.
- If you need a gift aid form or you’re not sure whether you’re eligible for gift aid, please talk to Martin Priestley.
- If you’d love to give but you’re not currently able to do that, you can make a pledge towards the refurbishment fund and start giving later. Please contact Karin if you’d like to do that.
- This is an ambitious project, so please do pray about it:
- Pray for funding bids to grant making trusts.
- Pray for the fundraising committee: Mary, Dawn, Josh, Jennie, Derek, Lorraine and Marion.
- Pray for the upcoming fundraising events.
A word of encouragement
Numbers 13:1-3, 26-30 – The Israelites are about to take possession of the land God has promised them. They’re intimidated by the scale of the task and the enemies facing them, but Caleb reminds them that this is God’s plan and that, because He is with them, they can do it.
We’re facing an intimidating task – raising £200,000. But, we’re seeking to be faithful in following God’s plan for the church. By His grace, ‘we can certainly do it’!